1. Use search engines. Getting top ten ranking on search engines should be your number one priority because traffic from search engines like Google, Bing or even DuckDuckGo are targeted. People who are looking for relevant products or services to your companies will turn to search engines look for information or at least relevant websites to the topic. If they found that your website contains useful information or services, they will more likely to buy again and again from you.
In order to get traffic from search engines, first, you need to create quality content on your website, and then get backlinks from relevant websites, which is easier said than done.
2. Grow a mailing list. Always include an opt-in form on your website to collect email address from existing customers or at least people who browse your website every now and then. Having a mailing list is a great way to keep in touch with your existing customers and also to keep reminding them of your brand, product or service.
3. Pay for online advertising. One big difference between getting traffic online and offline is the fact the advertising cost is much cheaper when compared to traditional media like television, newspaper or even magazine ads. There are tons of advertising programs to choose from. You do not necessarily need to go after big brands like Google Ads or Facebook Ads. You can try alternatives like Traffic Vance, which is a pay-per-view, or should I say PPV program.
If you want cheaper alternatives, you need to become more creative. For example, rather than paying for expensive Facebook Ads, you can find relevant websites or blogs in your niche and then pay for banner ads on their website. This allows you to get more targeted audience rather than having to learn all of the advertising systems from scratch.
4. Pay to affiliates. If you are into online business for even two minutes, should know about affiliate marketing. If you are a generous merchant, then you can pay up to 75% commission to your affiliates. Your affiliates will work hard for you and drive more than just traffic – they drive real customers to your business, so it is worth it to be generous to your affiliates. If you think that learning how to use and set up an affiliate program is hard, then use the third party affiliate systems, like Clickbank, JVZoo or Commission Junction.
5. Guest blogging. Guest blogging is one method to get more and relevant exposure to your business. The concept is somewhat similar to having joint venture partners, but by becoming a guest writer in other people’s blogs. You need to find relevant, authority blogs to your niche and then become a guest writer. If you can contribute useful posts in there, people will be interested in visiting and reading your own blog or website. In addition to that, guess blogging will also push your ranking to the first page of search engines because Google or other search engines will see that your website content is relevant to the niche that you are talking about.