When comes to social media marketing, Facebook is not the only player in town. There are tons of other alternatives each of them has different ways to please their users.
Why would anyone look for Facebook alternatives?
Another reason would be the fact Facebook doesn’t necessarily fit all type users. For example, if the user loves to watch videos, then Facebook is not the place that he/she would like to go for. While Facebook does allow video sharing, but other social sites can also provide the same, perhaps even better, with video sharing.
Below I listed some of the most common Facebook alternatives:
1. Twitter. Twitter allows its users to share content via short messages called tweets. It is somewhat similar to SMS on the phone in the past except Twitter is much better. If you have a long post to share, then you can link to any website within your Twitter messages. Just like Facebook, you can follow people that you like and get the latest updates.
2. Instagram. This is actually a photo-sharing site. While it is also owned by Facebook itself, Instagram aims for the different type of audience. People who love to share photos or videos can upload directly from their phone via the Instagram app. Then, users can also follow, tag and then share interesting photos with their loved ones.
3. Behance. This is specific for designers. Behance is a great community for any designer to show off their creative minds and find great artwork. Just like other social sites, you can follow people and like any type of graphic or designs found here. Other than that, you can also keep in touch with fellow designers.
4. LinkedIn. This is the marketplace for professionals to find jobs. If you are the employer, then this is where you can find professionals for hire for any type of critical work. It has been very popular among professionals for years and will continue to become so. It is also great if you want to keep in touch with business and industry news.
5. Youtube. Unless if you live in a cave in the past ten years, then probably you know about Youtube. This is one of the most popular video-sharing site, which allows anyone to upload videos not only from their computer but also directly from their Android phone. Other than that, Youtube also allows anyone to subscribe to their favorite channels, like a video, leave a comment. For video publisher, this social site allows you to edit the videos before publishing to the web.
6. Quora. If you have any question that you want to get answered, Quora is the place that you should go for. Even if you don’t ask directly from Quora, you can still find lots of discussion from quora.com appear on top ten of Google search results. People at Quora are professionals, so not only they can answer, but they can also discuss one particular topic in details. If you are using the internet for learning, Quora is one of the best places that you should go for.